Using hardware station from Windows Phone MPOS

Microsoft released the MPOS for Windows Phone a while ago and although a bit rough to install it works very well.

Next step was to get it to work with my wireless receipt printer through a hardware station. As you might now the connection to a hardware station can be tested through the url https://<MyHardwareStationAddress&gt;:<port>/hardwarestation/ping. And as expected it didn’t work right away since I hadn’t installed the certificate on my phone.

I figured that it couldn’t be that hard, but since you are reading this you might have guessed that it wasn’t all that easy.

I had earlier on exported the certificate on my hardware station as a .pfx file and used that with success. But that wasn’t the case on the phone. I imported the .pfx file and used the Certificate app to see the status of the certificate.

I knew the certificate was working on other POS machines but here it wouldn’t accept it as valid:

certificate-not-working

After consulting google for a while I read that people had solved issues like this by using .cer exports instead, but that didn’t solve anything for me.

What I ended up doing was exporting it as .p7b. Only thing is that if checked the “Include all certificates in the certification path if possible” I still had a non valid certificate on the phone. So I exported it like this:

export-certificate

And now I have a working certificate:

certificate-working

Actually I think that it is more than just Okay; but anyhow …

The hardware station was now allowing pairing and selecting:

hardware-station-paired

 

Advertisements

Annoying error when configuring the Commerce Data Exchange service

Sometimes it is easy peasy … and sometimes it is not. This one leans towards the not and does it in an annoying way.

I was running the PowerShell script for configuring the Commerce Data Exchange. It prompts you for user, password, path for the binaries and the certificate thumbprint … not anything complicated. And although I had knew that I had done it successfully before I was stuck with this error:

Get-Content : Cannot find path 'C:\inetpub\DynamicsAxRetail\CommerceDataExchangeRealtimeService\Web.config' because it does not exist.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Commerce Data Exchange\Real-time Services\6.2\Sample Deployment Scripts\InstallCommerceDataExchangeRealtimeService.ps1:713 char:34
+         $WebConfigXML = [XML] (gc <<<<  $WebConfigFilePath)
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (C:\inetpub\Dyna...vice\Web.config:String) [Get-Content], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand

I tried several times. Restarted. Tried again. Tried as another user. Tried beating my head against the wall. Nothing seemed to be working.

The solution was deleting one character from the binary path. I just used

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Commerce Data Exchange\Real-time Services\6.2

instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Commerce Data Exchange\Real-time Services\6.2\

and after removing the backslash at the end of the path string it installed without any problems …. Grrrrrrr …..